It’s that time of year again! Vacations are over, the kids have been back in school for a month now, your schedule is out of whack, the leaves are starting to change, it’s starting to cool down outside (so we thought, but soon enough!), and you’re left wondering, yet again, what happened to that consistent workout routine that your swore to keep up with through the summer and STILL haven’t found?
Don’t worry, it’s happened to all of us at one point or another, but don’t let the excuses hold you back! Here are some tips for not “FALLING” off track after summer:
1) Don’t hesitate!- We all know the procrastinator’s mantra: “I’ll do it tomorrow.” It’s so easy to put exercise and your diet off until it fits in your schedule. So make your schedule fit your nutrition and exercise routine! Literally, it should take only 3% of your week to exercise and plan your nutrition well enough to see results. So, plan a clean meal, get out and go for a jog, do a quick exercise circuit, NOW. Don’t wait until tomorrow!
2) Set goals- Take some time to set some realistic and attainable goals, write them down, and read them every day! Then think about “why” you want to achieve those goals you just set. Hold yourself accountable and be mindful of not just the numbers you want to hit, but the real reason you set them. Goals will keep you on track while aspirations will keep you motivated!
3) Find a “Workout Buddy”- If you find that you have a hard time holding yourself accountable and staying on track, find a buddy to share goals with and workout with you on a consistent basis. Not only will you stick to your routine better (I mean, no one wants to cancel on a friend…), but you’ll have much more fun working out. That’s one of the keys to sticking to a routine; find something you enjoy doing!
4) Get some new gear- nothing gets you motivated like buying some new toys and wanting to use them ASAP! It could be some new shoes, a new outfit, a fitness gadget, or even a healthy supplement. Whatever floats your boat and is within your budget. Just make sure it’s something that will get you excited to exercise!
5) Ask for help- as I said before, everyone has fallen off track at one time or another. There is no shame in accepting that and asking for someone to help you out. Whether it be your family, your workout buddy, or a gym/trainer, find someone that wants to help you succeed and reach those goals that you set for yourself.
Hopefully these tips will help get you back on track with your fitness routine and keep you from that dreaded “FALL” after the summer!
As always, we’re here to help at T&J No Limit Fitness, if you have any questions about anything wellness related. We’re tirelessly motivated to get you “RESULTS, Because We Care!”